Digital People

 What are some of the other myths Kirschner associated with Prensky’s findings from 2001?

One myth that Kirschner pointed out was that multitasking isn't real. Well, it is but just as efficient as you'd think. Digital Natives who have grown up processing multiple streams of information at once. You'd think since they have grown up in such a challenging environment it would help. However, being exposed to so many tasks and information limits the learning and efficiency of what is being given. Digital Natives may be able to multitask but they are not adequately absorbing what is being shared with them.

According to Prensky, what category do you fall into and how has this affected your learning?

I fall under the Digital Native category. Being born in the early 2000s means computers, wifi, and tv have always been there as I grew up. This has affected how I've learned my whole life. I remember learning the ABCs when I was 2-4 years old from a disk I would pop into a DVD player. I wonder if anyone else has experienced this movie. 

LeapFrog Letter Factory 

From going to the computer lab in elementary school to using Chromebooks in high school, technology has always been there to help me learn. Even right now being an ecampus student I am learning hundreds of miles away from Beaver campus. Digital learning has made my learning 100% on me. No one is gonna come face to face with me to ask me to study. It is all on me and it has definitely changed my mindset from being in person. Overall it has made me more independent.



Comments